
➖➖➖
The Door of Mercy Is Always Open
➖➖➖
Return Before It Is Too Late: A Poem of Repentance
➖➖➖
إِلٰهِي لَا تُعَذِّبْنِي
Oh, my Lord! Don’t punish me,
فَإِنِّي مُقِرٌّ بِالَّذِي قَدْ كَانَ مِنِّي
For Indeed I am confessing to that which I have done,
فَمَا لِي حِيلَةٌ إِلَّا رَجَائِي
And there is no other way out except my hope (in you)
وَعَفْوُكَ إِنْ عَفَوْتَ، وَحُسْنُ ظَنِّي
And your forgiveness if you choose to forgive me and, in my thinking, well of you
فَكَمْ مِنْ زَلَّةٍ لِي فِي الْبَرَايَا
"How many slips (sins) I have committed among creation."
وَأَنْتَ عَلَيَّ ذُو فَضْلٍ وَمَنٍّ
Whilst you are one who sends blessings and bounties upon me
إِذَا فَكَّرْتُ فِي قَدَمِي عَلَيْهَا
عَضَضْتُ أَنَامِلِي وَقَرَعْتُ سِنِّي
"When I reflect upon what I have sent ahead (of deeds), I bite my fingertips and gnash my teeth in regret."
يَظُنُّ النَّاسُ بِي خَيْرًا وَإِنِّي
لَشَرُّ النَّاسِ إِنْ لَمْ تَعْفُ عَنِّي
"People think well of me, while I am among the worst of people, if You do not pardon me."
أَجِنُّ بِزَهْرَةِ الدُّنْيَا جُنُونًا
I lost my mind completely over the beauty of the Dunya
وَأُفْنِي الْعُمْرَ فِيهَا بِالتَّمَنِّي
And I live out life in it with vain hopes
وَلَوْ أَنِّي صَدَقْتُ الزُّهْدَ فِيهَا
"And if only I had been sincere in renouncing it (the world)."
قَلَبْتُ لِأَهْلِهَا ظَهْرَ الْمِجَنِّ
"I would have turned my back upon its people."
__
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ
_
Seek forgiveness and turn to your Lord.
فَفِرُّوا إِلَى اللَّهِ ۖ
Flee to Allah [51:50]
_
Flee to the one who would accept you, even after filling the heavens and earth with sins. Flee to the only one able to forgive you.
_
Imam Bukhari رحمه الله brings an Athar in his Adab Al Mufrad from *Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه* that when he was praised, he would say,
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي خَيْرًا مِمَّا يَظُنُّونَ، وَاغْفِرْ لِي مَا لَا يَعْلَمُونَ، وَلَا تُؤَاخِذْنِي بِمَا يَقُولُونَ، فَإِنَّكَ تَعْلَمُ وَهُمْ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
Oh, Allah make me better than what they think of me and forgive me for what they don’t know about me, and don’t take me to account for what they say about me, for indeed you know all and they don’t know!
_
May Allah ﷻ forgive all of us and grant us Jannatul Firdaus.
آمِيْن

No comments:
Post a Comment