My Blog List

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

▶️THE POWER AND EXCELLENCE OF DHIKR◀️


 



▶️The Remembrance of Allah: A Source of Tranquillity ◀️


🌷Allãh ﷻ said:


فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلَا تَكْفُرُونِ (152)


"Therefore, remember Me, I will remember you and be grateful to Me, and never be ungrateful to Me." 

[2:152]


 يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيرًا (41)


☘️ "O you who believe! Remember ALLÃH with much remembrance.


[Al-'Ahzaab, 41]


 وَاذْكُر رَّبَّكَ فِي نَفْسِكَ تَضَرُّعًا وَخِيفَةً وَدُونَ الْجَهْرِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ وَلَا تَكُن مِّنَ الْغَافِلِينَ (205)


🍀"And bring your Lord to remembrance in your [very] soul, with humility and remember without loudness in words, in the mornings and evenings, and be not of those who are unheedful." 


[7:205]


▶️AHadiths about Zikr:


🌹The prophet ﷺ said: Allãh ﷻ said:


عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ يَقُولُ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى

أَنَا عِنْدَ ظَنِّ عَبْدِي بِي، وَأَنَا مَعَهُ إِذَا ذَكَرَنِي، فَإِنْ ذَكَرَنِي فِي نَفْسِهِ ذَكَرْتُهُ فِي نَفْسِي، وَإِنْ ذَكَرَنِي فِي مَلأٍ ذَكَرْتُهُ فِي مَلأٍ خَيْرٍ مِنْهُمْ، وَإِنْ تَقَرَّبَ إِلَىَّ بِشِبْرٍ تَقَرَّبْتُ إِلَيْهِ ذِرَاعًا، وَإِنْ تَقَرَّبَ إِلَىَّ ذِرَاعًا تَقَرَّبْتُ إِلَيْهِ بَاعًا، وَإِنْ أَتَانِي يَمْشِي أَتَيْتُهُ هَرْوَلَةً ‏"‏‏.‏


The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "


[Sahih al-Bukhari 7405; Sahih Muslim 2675.]


🌴The Prophet ﷺ said: 



عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رضي الله عنه، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ ﷺ قَالَ

مَا قَعَدَ قَوْمٌ مَقْعَدًا لَمْ يَذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ فِيهِ، وَلَمْ يُصَلُّوا عَلَى نَبِيِّهِمْ، إِلَّا كَانَ عَلَيْهِمْ تِرَةً، فَإِنْ شَاءَ عَذَّبَهُمْ، وَإِنْ شَاءَ غَفَرَ لَهُمْ. وَمَا مَشَى قَوْمٌ مَمْشًى لَمْ يَذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ فِيهِ، وَلَمْ يُصَلُّوا عَلَى نَبِيِّهِمْ، إِلَّا كَانَ عَلَيْهِمْ تِرَةً، فَإِنْ شَاءَ عَذَّبَهُمْ، وَإِنْ شَاءَ غَفَرَ لَهُمْ. وَمَا اضْطَجَعَ قَوْمٌ مَضْجَعًا لَمْ يَذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ فِيهِ، وَلَمْ يُصَلُّوا عَلَى نَبِيِّهِمْ، إِلَّا كَانَ عَلَيْهِمْ تِرَةً، فَإِنْ شَاءَ عَذَّبَهُمْ، وَإِنْ شَاءَ غَفَرَ لَهُمْ


رواه أبو داود والنسائي


"Whoever takes a seat and fails to remember Allãh, has incurred upon himself a loss from Allãh, and whoever lies down (relaxes) and fails to remember Allãh, has incurred himself a loss from Allãh."


[Sunan Abi Dawud 4856; Musnad Ahmad 9711.]

 

🌳Narrated Abu Huraira; The Prophet (ﷺ) said:


عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رضي الله عنه قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ﷺ

كَلِمَتَانِ خَفِيفَتَانِ عَلَى اللِّسَانِ، ثَقِيلَتَانِ فِي الْمِيزَانِ، حَبِيبَتَانِ إِلَى الرَّحْمَنِ: سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ، سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ الْعَظِيمِ


رواه البخاري ومسلم

 

"(There are) two words which are dear to the  Beneficent (Allah) and very light (easy) for the tongue (to say), but  very heavy in weight in the balance. They are: ''Subhan Allah wa-bi  hamdihi'' and ''Subhan Allah Al-`Azim."  


[Sahih al-Bukhari 6682; Sahih Muslim 2694.]


🔚 Note: May Allah make our tongues constantly moist with His remembrance, our hearts alive with His love, and our lives filled with obedience to Him. May He grant us sincerity in our Dhikr and make it a means of attaining His pleasure and Paradise. Āmīn. 🤲


“So remember Me; I will remember you.” — 

Qur’an 2:152


No comments:

Post a Comment